Suits is an American authorized drama tv sequence created and written by Aaron Korsh. The collection premiered on June 23, 2011, on the cable community USA, and is produced by Common Cable. Fits is about at a fictional regulation agency in New York Metropolis. The point of interest of the present follows proficient faculty dropout Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams), who initially works as a legislation affiliate for Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht), regardless of by no means truly having attended regulation college. The present focuses on Harvey and Mike managing to shut circumstances whereas sustaining Mike’s secret.
Fits has been nominated for a number of awards since 2012, with Gina Torres and Patrick J. Adams receiving particular person reward for his or her roles as Jessica Pearson and Mike Ross, respectively. On prime of two nominations recognizing her position as a supporting actress, Torres was awarded Excellent Efficiency in a Tv Sequence on the 2013 NHMC Influence Awards. Adams was nominated for Excellent Efficiency by a Male Actor in a Drama Collection on the 2012 Display screen Actors Guild Awards, and the present itself has been nominated for 2 Folks’s Alternative Awards.
On January 30, 2018, it was introduced the collection was renewed for an eighth season with out collection regulars Patrick J. Adams and Meghan Markle. It was later introduced that Katherine Heigl will be part of the solid in season eight as Samantha Wheeler, with recurring stars Dulé Hill and Amanda Schull being promoted to collection regulars. On March eight, 2018, it was introduced earlier collection star Gina Torres could have a spin-off centered round her character, Jessica Pearson, later introduced to be titled Second Metropolis. Season eight premieres on July 18, 2018.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter: Name partner and managing partner at Specter Litt, and the self-proclaimed best closer in New York City.
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross (main season 1–7): hired by Harvey as his personal associate, despite not having a license to practice law initially but later was allowed by the bar.
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt: Name partner at Specter Litt. Though he is Harvey’s main rival, he loves the firm like family and considers the associates as his biggest assets.
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen: Harvey’s former legal secretary, now COO, and close confidante.
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson (main season 1–7): co-founder and former managing partner of Pearson Hardman.
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane (main season 1–7): a senior paralegal/part-time associate at Specter Litt and Mike Ross’s wife.
- Amanda Schull as Katrina Bennett (main season 8–; recurring season 2–7): A former fifth-year associate hired by Harvey and later Louis’ personal associate; in the fallout when Louis almost left the firm, she went to work for Robert Zane, Rachel’s father, but returned to Specter Litt in season 6.
- Dulé Hill as Alex Williams (main season 8–; recurring season 7): Harvey’s old friend who is a partner at Bratton Gould; Harvey hires him as a senior partner at Specter Litt.
- Katherine Heigl as Samantha Wheeler (main season 8–): A talented new partner at Specter Litt who challenges the status quo.